Thursday, November 12, 2009

WFTDA Nationals Day 1 - Quick Picks


Finally the Nationals are here and I have scant time to write as much as I would like but I am gonna make some "quick picks" for Day One's WFTDA bouts. After all, I know some of you need to win some games and take that happy trip to the payout window. And so without further ado...the picks:


(FTS Rankings used)


1. #10 the Beans v #13 the Madolls


Considering how surprisingly well that the Madolls have played this year it wouldnt be a shock to see an upset here. But my cashish is on the skaters of Bean City. They just seem to be a notch above Madison and I'm going with the favorite here.


2. #20 H- Town v #21 the Killer Rocks


Its interesting to consider that going into this bout HOU is ranked by WFTDA at #17 and the Rockstars are at #7. Regardless of the rankings gulf theres NO WAY that the Rockstars go down in their first bout outta the gate. No way. And yes I'm playing favorites...cuz you know thats how I roll. GO KILLER ROCKS!!


3. #5 Mile Highs v #9 Warriors


For my money it seems that the KC skaters have overachieved somewhat this year but having said that I just have a feeling about them. I HAVE to pick an underdog somewhere and although I may get stung I'm gonna pick those Warriors here. Please dont hate on me Milers...you have an excellent team and you could easily prove me wrong but I have to play this hunch tho...cuz picking all favorites is lame.


4, #8 Deeeetroit v #1 the Goths


Uh huh...suuuuure. Like I'm gonna pick against the Mighty Gothic Destruction Machine of Derby. Not gonna happen people. Not Friday...and not Saturday either. Heads up Rollerheads...that narrow defeat a few months back to the Liberty City squad has the Mighty Gothic Queens in a damn serious mood. And they are READY to defend their Derby Crown this weekend. Very very ready.


Its gonna be a great Tournament and I wish that there were some way that I could have been there in Cheesesteak City. I would have damn sure bought shots of Jaeger all around for those Rocky Mtn Rollergirls...proud of them! Go get 'em Frida!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could be in Philly too. Work sux.

    The Original CTRGGRDonald
    Olympia YOU WANT THE BEST? YOU'RE GONNA GET BEAT BY THE BEST! THE HOTTEST DERBY TEAM IN THE WORLD! G G R D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete